2010-05-28

THE TRANSCENDENT

My child, I shall not leave thee in peace. I want to teach thee to transcend.

Take pleasure in all harmonious beauty. It is good. But thou must learn how to tear thyself away from it, so that what is sublime in it can be seen.

Do not blaspheme against intelligence, for I am both the origin and the summit of Thought. But I do not want thee chained for ever to the tedious discipline of reasoning. I wish to give thee vision.

Hold to obedience and to piety, qualities so many people make mock of these days. But I do not want thee to doze off into a comfortable morality or piety. I wish to inspire thee to sacrifice.

Thou dost realize the distance which lies between thy God and thyself. And it is right that thou shouldest. But be careful not to calculate that distance in order to keep to it strictly, adopting the stance that requires least effort.

My child, I wish to reveal to thee, day by day, God become man; thy Lord Love taking flesh, taking thy flesh.

It is assuming human nature, without any confusion, it is in becoming one of us without ever ceasing to be Himself that limitless Love supremely shatters all limits.


Fr. Lev Gillet
(page 39, In Thy Presence, SVS Press 1977)

010209
+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
"A Little Spiritual Help" is a group that is over a year old with over 1,000 members on Facebook. It is also a Yahoo group. This is an archival post.
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
one way to support this effort is to buy books - "Neighbors, Strangers, and Everyone Else" is the latest title - check it out at: http://www.lulu.com/transfiguration or Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment