2010-09-06

PUT DESPAIR TO OBLIVION

PUT DESPAIR TO OBLIVION


And since I put you up, my fruitless soul As target facing my inherent gaze, So, stoning it with verbal pebbles, As if you were a wild tameless beast, I will relentlessly throw stones at you.

And although they will never call me righteous, However, at the start of my response, As spoken by the wizard, I will begin a voluntary combat With myself, as if I were a foe.

And, while confessing mysteries concealed, That do concern my thoughts, As sinful acts that have already happened, I will present to you, my God and Lord, For, what will be the measure of my soul's sins, What measure will apply to me from your unending mercy,

So that the grace obtained from you
By many times exceed my greatest sins,
The more incurable and aching are wounds consuming me, The brighter will be your divine skill, O healer of the heaven, The more I multiply my debts, The more commendable will always be your charity, O grantor of the benefits, As spoken in your blessed parable, For, out of you are both salvation and redemption, You renovate with your right hand, And strengthen with your finger, You justify using your will, And comfort with your unction, And you encourage with the dew of your grace.

You grant relief
And put despair to oblivion,
You dissipate the gloom of grief,
Convert to happiness a mournful wail.
To you are due the blessings and praise in higher heaven From all forbearers and their descendents, All through the ages.

Amen!
...

St. Grigor Narekatsi, 10th Century
The Book of Sadness
A Word To God From The Depth Of My Heart Chapter IX Part C Translated from the Armenian By Hachatoor Hachatoorian Pages 48-49 "NAIRI" Yerevan, Armenia 2007
040809

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
"A Little Spiritual Help" is for
HEALING LIFE, DEEPENING FAITH, ENRICHING PRACTICE, and REFRESHING SPIRIT http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiritualhelp/
Subscribe: spiritualhelp-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Also on Facebook
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

No comments:

Post a Comment