2011-07-06

abba

[from the correspondence of Rev Fr John Brian]

May the risen Christ bless and keep you. May His healing touch bring you wholeness despite the challenges you face in this life. The holy martyrs kept their focus even while being inflicted with horrendous pain and suffering. These are examples to us. There are stories of the singing of psalms while being burned and praising God while being tortured.

When I am suffering in very similar ways as you do, I remember visiting a bishop who was dying and who refused morphine so that he could keep a clear mind as long as he could. In his moments of clarity he would take visitors. After a short visit and blessing, I was talking in the hall and heard "ababababababababababababa..." coming from his room.

"What is he saying?" I asked.

"He is repeating 'abba" over and over."
"Why Abba (father) and not other prayers?"
"He is unable to keep his focus to read or saying anything more."

I believe God sent angels to him because of his faith.
Pray for me, a servant
Fr John Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment